Australian Cricket Society (Queensland) Incorporated
The ACSQ is an official affiliate of Queensland Cricket.
The Society's objectives are:
- To provide a means of contact between cricket enthusiasts everywhere
- To promote, arrange and conduct meetings, social gatherings and other functions in order to enable of the Branch to meet one another and to encourage and facilitate the exchange of views and information concerning cricket.
- To produce and publish literature and books, together with other information of interest, a bibliography of cricket and statistics.
- To affiliate with or join any other Society or Body having objects to those of the Branch.
Members will enjoy sharing cricketing highlights with other cricket 'tragics', fine dining together, meeting cricketing greats and emerging stars and obtaining valuable insights from those 'in the know' and those who have played the game at first class level . A newsy Newsletter is published at regular intervals throughout each year.
The Society celebrated its 21st anniversary in June 2010. Ian Healy is the Society's Patron and he is a frequent attendee at our meetings.
New members are welcome but contact us first so the necessary arrangements can be made for catering etc.
General dinner events are held on the first Monday of:
- April (Annual General Meeting)
- June (Annual Dinner)
- December (Christmas function)
A breakfast is generally held during the First Test of each new season
(Please note: Dates may alter in some circumstances depending on guest speaker's availability)
Recent speakers have included Rodney Cavalier, Michael Kasprowicz, Mike Whitney, David Richards, Jim Maxwell, Geoff Lawson, Trevor Hohns, Bob Simpson, Gideon Haigh, Malcolm Speed, Dean Jones and Merv Hughes. The Society will be seeking to invite quality speakers for forthcoming dinner events.
Single membership costs $25 per annum, with dual membership (members of one family where both reside at same address) $40 per annum.
There is also a once-off joining fee for all new members of $10.
The cost of the meal at each meeting is given in a notice sent to members before each function. However a season ticket for attendance at all six dinners in the same financial year (January-December) costs $200. This represents a considerable saving on the per meeting rate.
For further information, please contact:
Ph: 07 3350 2314
Mobile: 0413 335 057
Ph: 07 3351 3461
Email address: email@example.com
All other mail to:
PO Box 142
FERNY HILLS D.C. QLD 4055