KFC T20 International
Australia v West Indies
At the Gabba
Wednesday 13 February 2013
Play starts 6.35pm
How to Buy Tickets
Call Ticketmaster on 1300 136 122, go to www.ticketmaster.com.au or visit a Ticketmaster outlet.
Fans are strongly urged to pre-buy their tickets before going to the game,to avoid queuing at the venue and to take advantage of the free public transport.
Ticket prices start at $30 for an adult to the general reserved area. There are four different categories of seating, while there is a saving for Family tickets (two adults, two children).
Fans who pre-purchase through Ticketmaster will gain a significant discount on the price they would pay at the gate, with Cricket Australia introducing tiered pricing for the first time this season.
All tickets provide free public transport to and from the Gabba.
Opening and Session Times
Gates open at 5pm
Ticketholders are strongly advised to arrive early given all bags will be inspected at the gates.
Play starts 6.35pm
1st Session: 6.35pm - 7.55pm
2nd Session: 8.15pm - 9.35pm
Gate Entry Points
Gate 1 - (Stanley Street) - Corporate entry
Gate 2 - (Stanley Strreet) - General Public - Southern upper, Southern lower, Western lower, Western upper
Gate 3 - (Main Street) - VIP Lounges & Boxes in the Western Stand; Queensland Room function guests, wheelchairs in the Southern Stand
Gate 4 (Vulture Street) - General public - Northern upper, Northern lower, Western upper, Western lower; VIP Boxes in the Northern Stand;
wheelchairs in the Northern Stand lower; Corporate Suites SN1-SN6 in the Northern Stand (door upstairs behind the ticket booth)
Gate 5 - (Vulture Street) - Brisbane Cricket Ground members
Gate 6 (Vulture Street) - Champions Room function guests; Corporate Suites & VIP Lounges in Northern & Eastern stands; Media
Gate 7 (Vulture Street) - General public Eastern upper, Eastern mid and Eastern lower
Gate 8 (Vulture Street) - Corporate Suites & VIP Lounges in Eastern Stand
Gate 9 (Stanley Street) - General public - Southern upper & lower and Eastern upper & lower
Gate 10 (Stanley Street) QC / CA Hospitality Room guests (Chairman's Room); orporate Suites & VIP Boxes in South-Eastern Stand
Gate 11 (Stanley Street) - Cororate Suites & VIP Boxes in Southern Stand; Straight Hit Corporate Seating
General Venue Information
* Bag searches will take place at the gates, so you will need to queue if you bring a bag. Look out for express entry gates if you're not carrying a bag.
* Only light and mid-strength beer will be sold inside the stadium. Spirits will not be sold in the public areas. Only four (4) alcoholic drinks may be purchased at once.
* Excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated. Please don't turn up intoxicated as you may be refused entry. And don't drink excessively during the day - you may be asked to leave the ground.
* Please respect other patrons sitting around you and be responsible for your own actions. Throwing of any objects is strictly prohibited and anti-social behavior won't be tolerated. Please be patient and use commonsense throughout the day.
* The Gabba is a non-smoking venue. There are designated smoking areas outside each gate.
* Ticket scalping is an offence under Government legislation, penalties apply. .
What CAN be brought into the Ground
Oversized items will be not be permitted into the venue; that is items which are unable to fit under your seat.
Backpacks, Baby bags, ladies handbags and gentleman's satchels WILL be permitted into the venue.
Bags permissible into the venue must meet the following conditions:
- Maximum bag height 40 cm
- Maximum bag width 40 cm
- Maximum bag depth 40 cm
- Pliable nature (soft to touch)
Bags that do not meet these requirements must be cloaked at a venue match office.
- Water and non-alcoholic beverages in plastic or cardboard packages which have not been previously opened
- Food, but not in packaging that could be used as a projectile, ie pizza box
- Tea or coffee thermos (which will be checked)
- Binoculars and personal cameras
What CAN'T be brought into the Ground
- Alcohol (on-the-spot fines will apply)
- Glass bottles, cans and metal knives
- Back-packs(with multiple compartments or zippers), camel packs and hard eskies of any size
- Any item regarded as offensive or which could be used as a projectile or as litter
- Musical instruments
- Cameras and recording equipment being used for commercial purposes
- Deliveries from external caterers
FREE Public Transport
Your Ticketmaster ticket provides free travel to and from the matches listed on the TransLink Brisbane Transport bus network and QR train network (bounded by Nambour, Shorncliffe, Ferny Grove, Doomben, Cleveland, Robina and Rosewood). Note: CityCats and ferries are not included.
Please check the TransLink website www.translink.com.au for details and any time restrictions placed on the availability of free travel on scheduled services.
Other Passenger Transport Services
Private charter coaches MUST apply for permits to park in designated zones. Applications forms can be downloaded from The Gabba website www.thegabba.org.au.
A charter coach set down/pick up (NOT PARKING) zone will operate in Nile street (southern kerb), off Wellington Road.
Limousines and pre-booked taxis will only pick up and set down on:
- Linton street (northern kerb) between Main Street and Duke Street, and
- Gibbon Street (western kerb).
Taxis and Set-Down
A taxi rank will operate on Wellington Road between Stanley Street and Vulture Street from 3.30pm.
A general passenger set-down and pick-up zone will operate on Linton Street between Wellington Road and Duke Street for five-minute passenger unloading and loading. A set-down and pick-up zone for people with disabilities will operate on Duke Street (western kerb).
On match days, parking restrictions apply in the Gabba Traffic Area. On-street parking is restricted to 15 minutes only unless otherwise signed. On-the-spot fines will be issued to offending motorists and vehicles will be towed from designated TOW AWAY zones.
Road closures and traffic diversions will be in operation - please observe signs and police direction.
Pass-outs are available for all Gabba matches from gate opening time. For Ticketmaster ticketed matches, patrons are required to have their ticket barcode scanned prior to exiting the stadium and have it re-scanned upon entry back into the ground.
The Brisbane Cricket Ground is a smoke free zone. Patrons who wish to smoke are required to exit the stadium to do so.
Smoking is not permitted within 4 metres of any entry or exit point to the stadium.
Sun Exposed Areas
Please be aware that certain areas within the Northern Stand lower deck and the Southern Stand (front 4-5 rows) receive direct sun at varying times during the day. The Eastern (lower, mid and upper) Stand is also sun-affected on occasions. Patrons are advised to wear sunscreen even when seated in a shaded area.
There are merchandising outlets located throughout the ground that sell the latest Cricket Australia, Queensland Bulls and Brisbane Heat licensed product. Permanent facilities are located at Gates 2, 4, 7 and 9; portable booths are located on the upper levels in the breakout areas.
For all other match information, go to qldcricket.com.au or contact Queensland Cricket on 3292 3100 (3435 2300 on match days).