BUILDING ACTIVE COMMUNITIES CONFERENCE
Conducted by Sport and Recreation Queensland
This Conference held in Brisbane on 4th November 2005 addressed a number of key issues of practical interest to administrators of sport in Queensland.
Topics covered were:
- What will Sporting Organisations look like in 10 years time?
- Planning beyond 2006
- Avoiding burn out and drop out
- Managing the risks of your enviroment
- Promoting your organisation to attract and retain members
- Mentoring programs for coaches and officials
- Understanding and implementing facility access options
- Improving your organisation's financial position
- Technology as a development tool
- The process and implications of incorporating your organisation
- Creating a safe enviroment for children and obligations under Queensland's child protection legislation
- Child protection and modern technology
- Helping Volunteers meet the demands of a changing environment
- Partnerships in your community
- Improving and maintaining your facility
- Game sense - a practical approach to coaching
- Developing accreditation systems
- Governance and management tools for your organisation
- Developing participation pathways.
Papers on all these topics are available from the SRQ website. Click here