Grassroots Cricket Fund Flood Support
Queensland Cricket has announced that QC Grassroots Fund will provide $100,000 in funding to help flood affected Clubs rebuild and return to play.
The QC Grassroots fund was established to invest $400,000 in its grassroots over the next four years with community clubs and associations eligible to apply for funding. This week the Queensland Cricket Board endorsed bringing forward $100,000 of funding to support flood affected cricketing Clubs who have suffered damage to buildings, facilities, plant and equipment.
Queensland Cricket CEO Terry Svenson said the aim of bringing funding forward was to help Clubs rebuild and support Volunteers getting kids playing cricket as soon as possible.
“We’ve been out in the community this week and seen the damage this weather event has caused. Clubs have been affected from Gympie through to Gold Coast and we know immediate funding support can go a long way to helping Clubs and Volunteers rebuild their cricketing communities and getting Queenslanders back playing cricket”
Submissions made to the Qld Cricket Grassroots Cricket Fund must meet the following conditions:
- Costs incurred must relate to recent SEQ weather event and associated flooding
- Cost incurred must be for repair or replacement of buildings, facilities, machinery, plant & equipment
- An acquittal document must be provided to the Local Cricket Manager confirming funds have been spent and results on completion
- Must be a Club / Association and registered as an incorporated association under relevant State legislation;
- Club / Association must be affiliated with Qld Cricket. In the case of clubs this can be directly or through local cricket association
- Club / Association must have a lease over affected facility
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be made via APPLY NOW button above.
For further information contact your local Cricket Manager or Gavern Lovett firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 0437 145 326