Please see details on the most recent State Government announcement today (Sat 3 July) around the lifting of the lockdown within the Brisbane & Moreton areas at 6pm tonight.
Whilst the lockdown will be lifted, some restrictions will stay in place until Friday 16 July including mandatory masks. Please refer to the Government's Health Advice. https://www.health.qld.gov.au/
Mask usage is summarised as follows:
You must continue to carry and wear a face mask at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to. You must wear a mask at:
- shopping centres and supermarkets
- hospitals and aged care facilities, if permitted to visit
- indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and you can’t physically distance)
- public transport, taxis and rideshare, and waiting places or queues for this transport
- airports and travelling on planes.
Full details of the restrictions during this time are available on the Queensland Health website.
There are still key restrictions which need to be front of mind for any cricket/event taking place, whether previously advised meetings, training sessions and playing windows. Please continue to follow your COVID Safe plans and ensure social distancing practices are in place. Associations and clubs are encouraged to review their COVID Safe Plans and ensure that appropriate messaging is available at places of competition or training.
Further updates on the staging of community sport will be provided as neccessary.