The Academy Program is an official part of the Queensland Cricket Pathway, which is fully funded by Queensland Cricket. The academy aims to extend and stretch the development of players in a holistic approach. The program includes skills, game awareness, psychology, strength and conditioning, nutrition, preparation, load monitoring, goal setting and self-evaluations.
Changes to QC Talent Pathway 2020-21
Unfortunately, the Academy Program, an official part of the QC Pathway, will not be conducted across the state during the 2020/21 season.
Instead we are encouraging young players to continue to develop their skills within local club-based opportunities and coaching networks that will become available.
QC has retained the six Coaching & Talent Specialists (CATS) and added an extra CATS role to service South East Queensland. Whilst their focus will be redirected from the high performance system to providing coaching support and development at the community level, they will still ensure young talent continues to be identified across the state.
QC will continue to assess the ability to offer the QC Academy Program into the future. We remain committed to supporting all the up and coming talented cricketers right across the state. We will all have to work together to ensure the 2020/21 season is a rich experience for them as it has been in previous seasons.
Should you have any questions regarding please contact your local CATS:
• Tony Hampson - Far North Queensland, North Queensland Tony.Hampson@qldcricket.com.au
• Bruce Deem - Central Queensland, Mackay/Whitsunday Bruce.Deem@qldcricket.com.au
• Andrew Pearce - Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast Andrew.Pearce@qldcricket.com.au
• Jeff Thomas - Brisbane North, Bayside East and Redlands Jeff.Thomas@qldcricket.com.au
• Richard Griffiths - Gold Coast Richard.Griffiths@qldcricket.com.au
• Samuel Ward - South East Queensland Sam.Ward@qldcricket.com.au